[pmwiki-users] Login/Logout link

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Tue Jan 8 11:56:45 CST 2008

Sameer Kumar wrote:
> I am using the Pmwiki skin on my installation. I currently only have a
> site wide ‘edit’ password and no ‘read’ password.
>
> On the top right corner, as a part of the PageHeaderFmt, the skin
> includes “Recent Changes” and the search box.
>
> I would like to remove the link for “Recent Changes” and replace it with
> “Login”, which would change to “Logout” in case the reader has ‘edit’
> authorization.
>
> How can I do this in the skin.tmpl file? All help is greatly appreciated!

First, I would do it in the sidebar (or other included page, like
PageActions), rather than directly in the skin.tmpl. (Early skins put
this sort of thing in the tmpl file, but newer skins put it in included
pages; it's much easier to edit them, and you can use markup and recipes
and all sorts of neat goodies.)

(:if auth edit:)
[[{*$FullName}?action=logout|Logout]]
(:else:)