[pmwiki-users] Footnotes

Sameer Kumar skumar at eharch.com
Mon Jan 7 20:16:04 CST 2008

I am trying to implement a Footnote recipe. With both, the Markup
Extensions <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MarkupExtensions>
recipe and the Footnotes <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Footnotes>
recipe I am getting the following results:

My text:

This is a footnote demonstration [^This is a footnote linking to
[[http://www.wikipedia.org|wikipedia]]^]

Result:

This is a footnote demonstration (:cell PQA(PSS(^This is a footnote
linking to wikipedia <http://www.wikipedia.org/> ^):)

And the insertion of [^#^] at the bottom gives no list. However, when it
is inserted as

            Notes: [^#^]

It gives

            Notes: (:cell PQA(PSS(^#^):)

I have also tried the FootnotesExtended
<http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FootnotesExtended>  recipe with
perfect results. However, the problem is that the recipe does not
process any embedded links, which is an important shortcoming.

I have also tried Ben Wilson's script
<http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2007-September/046575.html>
. This has been more or less successful, except that at the bottom of
the page I get:

(:div id='footnotes':)

1.     This is a footnote linking to wikipedia
<http://www.wikipedia.org/>

In summary, none of the recipes are satisfactory.

You can see this in action here: http://hip.eharch.com/Main/WikiSandbox

Login: testadmin

Passwd: testpass

I would appreciate any help to sort this out!

Sameer