[pmwiki-users] Is 'Page Creator' worth to discuss?

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Sat Feb 23 04:57:38 CST 2008

Sandy said...
> marc wrote:
>
> > My view on this is that it should not be part of PmWiki's core, but a
> > recipe for those that really need it - although I think they should
> > fight it long and hard.
> >
> > As an aside, the original author can always be derived from action=diff.
>
> No, it cannot.

Yes, it can :-P

> The history expires after a time set in config.php.

  $DiffKeepDays

>From PmWiki/EditVariables

The $DiffKeepDays variable sets the minimum length of time that a page's
revision history is kept. By default it is set to 3650 days, or a little
less than ten years. You can change this value in a customization file
to be something smaller, e.g.:

        $DiffKeepDays = 30; # keep revisions at least 30 days

Note that a specific page revision isn't removed from the page until the
first edit after the time specified by $DiffKeepDays has elapsed. Thus,
it's still possible for some pages to have revisions older than
$DiffKeepDays ? such revisions will be removed the next time those pages
are edited.

So, this ought to do it:

  $DiffKeepDays = PHP_INT_MAX;

--