[pmwiki-users] Strip markup to generate plain text

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 06:19:16 CST 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 11:11 AM,  <sti at pooq.com> wrote:
>  > Eemeli Aro <eemeli at gmail.com> 08-02-14 18.45
>  >> I suggest you take a look at <www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MarkdownOutput>.
>  >
>  That looks pretty good. Looking at the sample output, I notice that its
>  output character format is UTF-8. Is this hard-coded, or does it depend
>  on the format of the source wiki text?

I'm pretty sure that the charset depends on the source text; the
output I get from my own sites is in ISO-8859-1. The sample just
happens to be in UTF-8.

I modified the code a bit today, and the latest version of
MarkdownOutput now also converts tables, definition lists and some
other markups that aren't a part of the default Markdown syntax.

eemeli