[pmwiki-users] cookbook: HttpVariables

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Feb 14 13:09:52 CST 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 11:00:58AM -0800, Martin Fick wrote:
> > AFAICT, PmWiki doesn't do any unsetting of $_GET or
> > the other superglobals.  There must be something
> > else going on...?
> >
> > I've tried the httpvariables.php script on a fresh
> > checkout of PmWiki and it seems to work fine for me.
> >  You can experiment with it there also at:
> >

> http://www.pmichaud.com/sandbox/httpvar/pmwiki.php/Main/WikiSandbox?xyz=abc
> >
> > Perhaps it's related to the version of PHP?
>
> Hmm, that's funny I have it working on the same server
> (and thus same php) with an older version of pmwiki,
> but it fails with the latest pmwiki!?  To debug I put
> an explicit echo for the specific $_GET variable that
> I need in my function and it isn't set.  If you are
> not unsetting it, and php is supposedly not (since it
> works on the other install), than something really
> weird is happening.  For the record, I seem to be
> running apache-mod-php 4.3.10 (debian .21),

Is there a url I could look at?

Also, PmWiki _does_ manipulate the $_GET array if the
query string contains any question marks in it, but that's
never seemed to pose a problem in any of the
cases where I've looked at it.  And the sandbox url I
gave above is using the latest version of PmWiki, with
PHP 4.4.4.