[pmwiki-users] Bugs in TextSection and MakePageName

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Feb 13 08:22:42 CST 2008

On Wednesday 13 February 2008, Hans wrote:
> Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 1:12:49 PM, Petko Yotov wrote:
> > You need to use:
> >   Page##section
> >
> > or:
> >   Page#..#section

> Then the documentation is wrong (the commenting of the function in
> pmwiki.php):

> ##    ##abc, ..#abc  - beginning of text to [[#abc]]

There is a typo indeed, the first one is correct, the second isn't. :-)
This should be read as :

  ##    ##abc, #..#abc - beginning of text to [[#abc]]

In PmWiki, dots and slashes in pagenames have special meanings (they separate
groups from pages). A pagename "Page." is valid, so there is the need to
separate sections with "#". It has always been the convention that
sections/anchors start with "#". MakePageName strips the conventional anchors
and tries to produce a page name, but more than one dot or slash is
considered invalid so it returns nothing.

> PageName..#abc to work (and it does with the changes I noted).

With your changes it would only work from another (your) recipe calling
TextExtract with both parameters of page and section. It would also match
stuff like this:
  ..section1..#section2
This is not the correct syntax and I feel that PmWiki core should deny it, and
not accept it and try to process it. :-)

Anyhow, I hope that you will be able to change Fox to use "##section" instead
of "..#section" for it to work without your users required to modify core
scripts. :-)

Petko