[pmwiki-users] Strip markup to generate plain text

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Feb 13 07:36:19 CST 2008

Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 9:43:24 AM, Peter & Melodye Bowers wrote:

> [Hans, might a SnipMarkup() function with a
> corresponding {(SnipMarkup ...)} MX be a good function to have available in
> PowerTools?  Just a tho't...  I know I could make use of it with WikiSh.]

If the aim is to strip out every PmWiki markup, then this is not an
easy task. I think we would need a bunch of StripMarkup rules, one for
each markup, so the StripMarkup engine can use a reverse Markup Table
with these StripMarkup rules. Basically a reversing engine.

I have no stomach to develop this, sorry. ;-)

  ~Hans