[pmwiki-users] List Pages Using Multiple Categories

Max Pfleger max6166 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 20:29:46 CST 2008

Peter & Melodye Bowers wrote:
>> I was wondering if it is possible yet to create lists of pages using
>> more than one category criteria.
>>
> However, if you're willing to go with a regex search instead you could use
> WikiSh as follows:
>
> {(grep -l '\[(?:Category\.CatA|!CatA)\]\]' (grep -l
> '\[(?:Category\.CatB|!CatB)\]' Group1.* Group2.* Group3.*))}

Thank you, Peter. Your solution works.

And thank you for pointing me to WikiSh, which looks like a very
powerful tool that opens up many other possibilities.

I think the advanced category listing options which were under
discussion would still be very worthwhile though.

One reason is ease of use, but from what I understood, the planned
implementation would be more flexible as well.

For example, including the union of 2 categories while excluding a 3rd
seemed like it would be possible with a very simple statement.

I don't know. Maybe this is possible with WikiSh too?

I am not actively trying to do the above yet, but I could see where it
could be useful down the road.

Thanks again,
Max