[pmwiki-users] long lines not word-wrapping

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Feb 7 16:03:51 CST 2008

Thursday, February 7, 2008, 8:58:19 PM, Peter & Melodye Bowers wrote:

> How would one go about setting a different skin, then on a pmwiki.org page?
> I'd be happy to use blix or anybody else that defines the PRE differently...
> On my own site I would change it by making a page-specific php configuration
> file, but I don't know how to do this without ability to do this...

You don't need a different skin for this.

have a look inside
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/LiteralWhiteSpace

quote:

##========   pre and code line wrap styles =====##
# wrap lines of preformatted text and code
# IE may not work with word-wrap, therefore special IE rule
//if($EnableCodeWrap==1) {
  # whitespace wrap (perhaps copy styles to css stylesheet)
  $HTMLStylesFmt['prewrap'] = "
  pre.escaped, code.escaped {
    white-space: pre-wrap;       /* CSS-3                  */
    white-space: -moz-pre-wrap;  /* Mozilla, since 1999    */
    white-space: -pre-wrap;      /* Opera 4-6              */
    white-space: -o-pre-wrap;    /* Opera 7                */
    word-wrap: break-word;       /* Internet Explorer 5.5+ */
    _white-space: pre;
  }
  * html pre.escaped, * html code.escaped { white-space: normal; }
  ";
//}

  ~Hans