[pmwiki-users] long lines not word-wrapping

Peter & Melodye Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Thu Feb 7 12:18:39 CST 2008

On the pmwiki site I've noticed that some pages put entire paragraphs on a
single line, thus making it necessary to do a lot of horizontal scrolling.
Out of curiosity I went in and edited and manually put some line-breaks in
the middle of the paragraph (knowing that the default is to get rid of line
breaks if they aren't protected by \\) and that solved the problem.  But
should this be necessary?  I would have thought that just as linebreaks are
ignored if not protected that wordwrapping would be the default action once
you got to the edge of the screen.

I'm using firefox and whatever the default skin is on pmwiki...  The page in
question (although I've seen some others while browsing) is
www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiSh.

Is it perhaps a skin issue?  On my own site I'm using triad (with or without
the right-bar) and I know I don't have that problem.

-Peter