[pmwiki-users] Calendar with page per entry?

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Thu Feb 7 12:03:15 CST 2008

Moni Kellermann wrote:
> Hi, everybody,
>
> I would like to set up a calendar which contains more than one event per
> day. Each event should have its own page. I also want to assign
> different/multiple categories to each event.
>
> I have tried
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PmCalendar
>
> which works fine but only has one page per day, not event.
>
> Is there a way to change this or do I have to look into any of the blog
> solutions?
>
> Thanx for your suggestions.
> moni k.

I think I misunderstand you, because a calendar has to show one box per
day. If it shows more than one box per day, it loses its traditional
shape and is hard to read.

Assuming you want to keep the traditional shape, you could add links
from each day's page to a page for the event.

Multiple categories is easy.
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Categories

To add a page to a category, or, rather, to add a category to a page,
add a link from the page to the category page. [[Category/FirstCategory]].

[[!FirstCategory]] is a shorthand to do the same thing.

To add several categories to a page, just add more links.

The page Category/FirstCategory doesn't have to exist.

To find pages in a category, use

(:pagelist link=Category/FirstCategory :)

In the manual, it describes how to:

1. Add a line to config.php so that Category/FirstCategory will be
created whenever someone adds it to a page, so you can make categories
on the fly.

2. Add the (:pagelist link=....:) line to Category/GroupFooter, so if
you go to the page Category/FirstCategory, you will see a list of all
pages "in" that category.

Aside: Pages that refer to a Category page but aren't actually part of
the category. (E.g. A homepage that says "See [[Category/Cats]] for my
Cats page.") will still show on that list. There is a PITTS to change
this, but it's not high on the list.

Cheers!

Sandy