[pmwiki-users] New Recipe: PowerTools

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Feb 4 13:22:46 CST 2008

A collection of markup  expressions which can be used to process
multiple pages.

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PowerTools

included at present:

plist - returns a comma separated list of full page names, from wiki
wildcard pagenames supplied. This can be used as input in other markup
expressions, or for multiple page form processing, for instance as a
target list for a Fox form, enabling wildcard pagename inputs in forms.

pagelist - also returns a comma separated list of pagenames, but uses
Pmwiki's MakePagelist function, and accepts all parameters of the
(:pagelist ..:) markup, except fmt= (the output is just a list of
pagenames, and would need further formatting). This {(pagelist ...)}
markup expression runs significantly slower than the {(plist ..)}
expression. I include it as it may in some situations be of benefit.

pagecount - returns count of pages given with a pagelist input (from
the plist or pagelist expression).

wordcount - returns number of words of
a) string provided,
b) pagename provided,
c) pagelist provided.

Note that TextExtract uses the same code than plist for generating a
list of pages to be processed.

I hope this tool collection will grow in future.
Please bring me your feedback and suggestions.
Thanks!

  ~Hans