[pmwiki-users] View one's own action log with TextExtract

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 04:05:40 CST 2008

Friday, February 1, 2008, 2:47:17 AM, Randy wrote:

> Unfortunately, to read the ActionLog page a user needs read
> authorization, which in most installations would limit access to admins.

You mean an admin has set a 'read' password  on the ActionLog page I
guess.

> Can anyone think of a way to bring this functionality to the non-admin
> user? (Other than by letting all users see each other's action log
> history.) The closest thing I know is UserLastAction, which only shows
> users their last action - not nearly as useful.

Either a page is read protected or not. Is there or should there be
a middle ground? The smallest unit for security is a wiki page, not
part of a wiki page.

TextExtract follows this by being able to extract any content from
a page, if the page is not read protected. In fact it can extract from
any read-enabled page. As of now i have not added any config switches
which lets an admin restrict the options for TextExtract.

  ~Hans