[pmwiki-users] Pmwiki cpu/memory usage on server for a non zero visitor installation

Frank Hagan fshagan at roadrunner.com
Sat Dec 13 12:40:28 CST 2008

You might have been hammered either by spammers -- look for .ru or .cn
domains in your AWStats logs, if you still have them -- or by search
engine spiders.  "Twicler" or "Twiceler" is one I've had problems with;
a robots.txt exclusion can help in this regard. Twiceler hammered my
sites with multiple page requests, without pausing between them.

You will get suspended on shared servers when resources get too high;
some of them have thousands of sites on them. But PmWiki, punbb, and the
rest should be able to accommodate up to 50 users on line at a time
without causing too much problem.