[pmwiki-users] moving pmwiki

Sameer Kumar sameerkumar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 13:52:27 CST 2008

Hi all,

I am back after a long hiatus. I quit the job where I was developing the
wiki. I have brought along the wiki with me and would like to continue
developing it. However, I am not trying to run it off of an external hard
drive. I have installed XAMPP (Apache, PHP 5.2) and have tried to run my
Pmwiki installation through there.
I started out by copying all the folders "as is" and started to modify the
local config file and changed the $Scripturl to "http://localhost/wiki" etc.
I am able to access the homepage of the wiki and it renders correctly.
However, none of the links work. I keep getting the 404 error for every
script.

I have tried replacing my old config file with a fresh config file from the
pmwiki website in order to simulate a "fresh install" (no recipes) to see if
it works, but have had no luck.

I have also tried hosting this wiki on a hosted server (lunarpages) and am
having issues with that as well. But I will put that in another post.

As always, I am grateful for any help that I can get.

Sameer