[pmwiki-users] proposed markup for rowspan in simple tables

Simon nzskiwi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 01:11:22 CDT 2008

Looking in another direction, and this is what I favour, we use
backslashes to join lines and force new lines.
(see http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/TextFormattingRules#Paragraphs)
(it is unfortunate we use the same character for both, but lets go for
it as an idea)
So

||span with next row \||

||span with next two rows \\||

||span with next three rows \\\||

This does have a similar flavour with

||span with next column ||||
||span with next two columns ||||||

cheers

Simon

or perhaps we could use a forward slash if it is not too confusing

http://kiwiwiki.co.nz