[pmwiki-users] change password = password logout

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Fri Aug 22 05:53:56 CDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:32 AM, adam overton <a at plus1plus1plus.org> wrote:
> whenever i change a password for a group, after clicking 'save', i'm
> automatically logged out uplon being returned to the main group page,
> and the have to re-login with the new password i've just set.
> i was expecting that once i change the password, it would instead
> keep me logged in.
> is this the correct response from pmwiki? or is it my current
> configuration causing this logout?

I *think* it's configuration of sessions on your site.  Check if
session.auto_start is set to 1 -- I was just messing with a similar
problem last night and that was what fixed it.

(If somebody can shed more light on what GOOD settings are for
sessions I would be very grateful -- it's one great big black box to
me and I kind of randomly change php.ini settings until the bad stuff
goes away...)

-Peter