[pmwiki-users] Triad skin and custom css for $DefaultColor

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Apr 17 16:13:50 CDT 2008

Thursday, April 17, 2008, 7:18:30 PM, David Sovinski wrote:

> 1) Where do I put c-myblue.css? (Or do I even need to make a new file?

see below after 2)

> Can the individual entries be changed elsewhere? For instance, I want to
> change "body { background:#D5E2F2; }" to something else.

If you just want to change some values, you can put the modified
css attributes and values into pub/css/local.css
(create the file if you have not got it).
Any styles set in pub/css/local.css will  be available wiki-wide, and
will override any values set in other places, like skin css files, as
local.css will be loaded last.
Using local.css is the best way for customisations, which will be
unaffected by future skin upgrades, unless of course such upgrades
will use different style classes or object ids.

> 2) What do I change to tell Triad that there is a new color scheme? I
> see where these are defined in skin.php.   I'd still like to know this
> even if I can change the individual settings somewhere.
> Can the resulting file still access the files in the "images" directory
> under Triad without modification?

rather brief from http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TriadTips#adding :

Adding more color (or font) options

Best is to save a colour (font) css file under a new name, add a line
to the $PageColorList ($PageFontList) array, like 'newcolor' =>
'c-newcolor.css'; , add the new option as a link to a wiki page like
TriadStyleOptions to create a switch to set the new colour scheme, and
then edit the css file, changing colours and background images etc
till it is right.

I add:
Save the new skin css file in directory triad/css/
Access to files in triad/images/ will stay the same.

  ~Hans