[pmwiki-users] LinkCSSToolTip + Pagelist by Title takes long to parse...

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Apr 16 13:30:27 CDT 2008

Wednesday, April 16, 2008, 3:15:41 PM, kirpi at kirpi.it wrote:

> Very smart, it would seem, but I run into a problem: I need to select
> pages by *title* (not name of the page), and it seems that the
> pagelist function takes 10 to 20 seconds to parse those 150 pages in
> the group, which is far too long as it happens at *every* page load.
> Actually, there are not thousands of pages. Nevertheless I noted a
> sheer increase in page loading time.

> Is there any way to circumvent such an issue?

Creating a dynamic menu with 26 pagelist directives, each filtering
and sorting by page title seems like an inefficient approach.

How about creating a pagelist template format which will create
26 anchor sections with lists of pagenames by title, and then using
one pagelist directive with this format? All 26 section will need to
be hidden initially, and one at  a time with a rollover mouseaction
been shown.

And perhaps a markup expression which creates the abc sections is
still more efficient.

  ~Hans