[pmwiki-users] Should {$Version} show the beta version?

Niklaus Kuehnis kuehnik_0505 at gmx-topmail.de
Tue Apr 15 07:29:18 CDT 2008

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> > Thanks! It seems to be a server caching (?) problem. If the
> > folder is called pmwiki as before the old version of the wiki
> > shows. If I rename the folder to pmwiki_new the new version
> > shows as expected. Reloading doesn't help - my local cache is 0.
>
> FWIW, it could also be caching at the local ISP.  I once had an
> ISP that had a particularly bad caching proxy in place, and it
> was very difficult to get its cache cleared.

A strange phenomenon: Opening the public folder /pmwiki sometimes seemed to execute /pmwiki/pmwiki.php and sometimes /pmwiki_old/pmwiki.php. I could make changes in the wiki, and sometimes they went into /pmwiki/wiki.d and other times to /pmwiki_old/wiki.d. I could switch between these - using the same browser url - by switching an external proxy on (new version) and off (old version). Renaming the pmwiki_old folder didn't change anything, and setting its permissions to 000 gave me a 403 error on the pmwiki (!) folder.

Only completely removing the pmwiki_old folder solved the problem.

Thanks for advising.
N.