[pmwiki-users] Re edit templates: auto update dates?

Henrik henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 10 14:28:10 CDT 2008

Patrick,

I use a whole bunch of immediate substitutions from guibuttons (actually
links) on edit forms like this:

$GUIButtons['attach'] = array(1101, 'Uploads:{$Group}/','','','
[Uploads:]');

or these:

$GUIButtons['datestamp'] = array(1405, '', '', '($CustomDate)',' [date
stamp] ');
$GUIButtons['authordatestamp'] = array(1406, '', '', '($Author -
$CustomDate)',' [author date stamp] ');

..and they're very popular.

Intuitively, I would think that some kind of call from
GroupName.Template.php would be the place for immediate substitution of
template variables, though I'm not sure how it would get wired up.

immediateSubstitution("varname","value");

or in OO

templatepage->immediatesubstitution("varname","value");

??

BTW my new webhost looks really good. I'm getting a 40% performance
improvement, and service seems as solid as a rock. Now I'm totally
chomping at the bit to employ your new features (having finally upgraded
from 2.1.27).

All the best,

- Henrik

--