[pmwiki-users] Show/hide or toggle tables?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Sep 1 02:54:21 CDT 2007

Saturday, September 1, 2007, 2:03:33 AM, Donald Z. Osborn wrote:

> Okay, there is a more: The same box running on the Soft-Flow page at
> http://softflow.co.uk/design/Test/ToggleTest (the 6-7 example)

> ... will not function on my wiki (running 2.1.27). The javascript generated
> for the two differs as follows (in respective order):

> javascript:toggleObj('box6','show','Show Box 6','Show Box 7','box7')

> javascript:toggleObj('box6','hide','Show Box 6','Show Box 7','box7','0','')

I had still an old version installed on softflow. I updated the site
now to run version 2007-06-01, which should be the latest version.
It still works though.

Note that this version loads the javascript into the HTMLFooter
(bottom of HTML source page) via the $HTMLFooterFmt.
The $HTMLFooterFmt is included into the page via
<!--HTMLFooter--> markup in the skin template.
The bottom of the skin template should be:

<!--HTMLFooter-->
</BODY>
</HTML>

There are skins which have not got this included.
Maybe you need to update your skin template.

Or avoid HTMLFooter altogether and
change in the togglelink.php script all $HTMLFooterFmt
references to $HTMLHeaderFmt, to load the javascript into the head
section.

Does the javascript get loaded into the HTML page?
You should find in the HTML source of the page

   <script type="text/javascript">
      function toggleObj(obj,init,lshow,lhide,swap,set,cname) {

Hope this helps for troubleshooting.
Otherwise supply me with a url to look at your wiki, and I try to see
what is amiss.

  ~Hans