[pmwiki-users] Notify URL link

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 15:59:55 CDT 2007

Wednesday, October 31, 2007, 8:39:12 PM, Sivakatirswami wrote:

> Recent Himalayan Academy Travel Study Programs posts:

> http://wiki.hindu.org/innersearch/index.php/I-2008-Participants/Comments
> . . .  by

> so, we got the link, but note the the author (the author is defaulting to the htaccess basic
> auth
> user in the Author field of commentBox, but users are typically changing that to their
> own name... and this *was* working previously (where the link took us to recent changes only)
> so {$LastModifiedBy} is not the right session variable or something?

perhaps {\$LastModifiedBy} instead of {$LastModifiedBy}, although I
took the code directly from notify.php. But I never understand where
escape backslashes are actually needed. You can aslo try
$LastModifiedBy and  \$LastModifiedBy

Sorry I confess ignorance here, I know I should know better.

Perhaps this works as SDV, but not without the SDV?
SDV($NotifyItemFmt,
  " {\$PageUrl} . . . $PostTime by {$LastModifiedBy}\n");

I need a tutorial in braces, backslashes and the difference in using
single and double quotes in php and pmwiki context. :-)

  ~Hans