[pmwiki-users] comment box recipe (James Grizzard and Hans)

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Oct 30 17:30:47 CDT 2007

I have updated the commentbox recipe to improve the
(:commentbox pagename:) option:

- require $EnablePostToAnyPage to be set to true to allow
  cross-page posting (default prevents cross-page posting)
- require $EnableRedirectToCommentPage to be set to true
  to take the poster to the comments page (default stays
  on the page with the commentbox directive
- restrict cross-page posting to the current group, unless
  there is an entry for the target group in the array
  $AllowedPostToGroups

In the spirit of commentbox and commentboxplus, I have not
added all the functionality available in the commentboxplus
recipe, but these changes should make commentbox more secure.
In particular, the administrator will probably wish to set
$EnablePostToAnyPage to true on a per-group basis, rather
than site-wide.

And I strongly suggest setting $commentboxaccesscode to true
to discourage comment spam.

>From looking at the commentboxplus page, it appears that
commentbox might not work with pmwiki 2.2. I have not looked
into this yet.

See http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/CommentBox

Any problems, let me know.
--