[pmwiki-users] PageTextVariables and Spaces

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 09:28:09 CDT 2007

Tuesday, October 30, 2007, 2:07:13 PM, Dominique Faure wrote:

> Can't you apply a kind of replace-on-save policy there?

I could, and maybe I should. Replace-on-save when the post is made,
into an extra parameter. Then I would have  a hard coded Profile page
name for every message post, besides the author name, which may
contain spaces and odd characters. And I could use that parameter,
lets call it 'profile', in the display templates as replacement
variable {$$profile}. Then I could use in the template expressions
like:
{{$AuthorGroup}.{$$profile}")}$:email}

and also use conditionals if I want.

The only problem is upgrading an existing forum, as every post needs
to have the new parameter added. I tried to avoid this, and adding
more parameters to the (:include DisplayTemplate param1=.. param2=...
:) markup, which contains the content info for each message.

  ~Hans