[pmwiki-users] 500 error on Save or Preview

Ben Stallings ben at interdependentweb.com
Mon Oct 29 15:18:41 CDT 2007

A friend of a friend installed PmWiki 2.1.27 and got stuck and called my
friend, who in turn called me...

Some pages in the site are editable just fine (such as the Sandbox), and
the others (such as the home page) will let you use the editor without
complaint, but when you click either Save or Preview, you get this error:

----
Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [...] and inform them of the
time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while
trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.0 (Fedora) Server at [...] Port 80
----

My friend has written to the host in hopes of seeing the server error
log but has not yet heard back.  Neither he nor I can see anything wrong
with the file permissions nor the page attributes -- the pages that can
be edited appear identical to those that can't.  AuthUser is disabled.
I am at a loss.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!  --Ben S.