[pmwiki-users] get page modification time in English, how?

sti at pooq.com sti at pooq.com
Sat Oct 27 10:20:36 CDT 2007

SteP wrote:
> Is there a way to get the last modification time of a page in English?
> I need to convert the modification time for different languages, I can use {(ftime...)} with a PTV, but I need
> the time in English because ftime understands English only:
> {(ftime fmt="{$:ftimefmt}" when="{=$LastModified}")}

I'm not entirely sure I understand your question. ftime produces its output in
the current locale, which usually defaults to English. If you need to be able
to set the locale to output in (because you're using some other locale, for
instance), I published a replacement for {(ftime ...)} that took a locale
setting. You can look back a week or so in the archives for it, or you can
just install the MarkupExprPlus cookbook recipe:

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MarkupExprPlus

Which uses it. Then you can say

  {(ftime fmt="{$:ftimefmt}" when="{=$LastModified}" lc="en")}

To get English output.

If this isn't what you need, could you explain further?