[pmwiki-users] trying to understand Pagelist Template Samples

Maria McKinley parody at u.washington.edu
Thu Oct 25 18:25:14 CDT 2007

On 10/25/07, Tegan Dowling <tmdowling at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/25/07, Maria McKinley <parody at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> > Hello again,
> >
> >  I think I am missing something fundamental about how templates for
> > pagelists are created.  For each of the template examples, there is
> > some code that defines the template followed by the pagelist command
> > referring to the template. Where does one put the template definition?
> > >From the syntax, it looks like it belongs on a wiki page, rather than
> > in a php file. I tried defining the template on the same page that I
> > was using it with pagelist, but I couldn't get it to display anything,
> > so I think maybe it is suppose to go somewhere else?
>
> Have you read http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageListTemplates?  I
> think the first two sections there (try to) explain it.  If they
> don't, re-post!

So, from my reading of that, I thought I could do this (all on one page):

[[#teasers]]
|| '''[[{=$FullName}]]''' - [[Edit -> {=$FullName}?action=edit]]||

(:include {=$FullName} lines=4:)

(:if ! equal {>$Group}:)
-----
(:if:)
[[#teasersend]]

(:pagelist fmt=#teasers group=-PmWiki,-Site,-SiteAdmin,-Profiles
name=-RecentChanges:)

But, this doesn't seem to work. What have I miss-read?

thanks again,
maria