[pmwiki-users] Markup to extract a substring for a Group Name

Randy randy at brownragfilms.com
Thu Oct 25 17:20:02 CDT 2007

I'm using PmWiki 2.1. I keep my content and talk pages separated by
group, using the same page name. The group name simply has the suffix
"Talk". For example MyGroup.MyPage and MyGroupTalk.MyPage.

I want to put a link on the Sidebar, so that when I'm on any Talk
page the user can go to its content page. (The other direction is
easy: {$Group)Talk.{$Name}.) How do I extract the current group name
minus the "Talk" suffix, so I can do {$GroupBaseName).{$Name}?

Randy