[pmwiki-users] Breaking a numbered list?

Tony C. frodo1990 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 15:26:23 CDT 2007

I've run into this, too, and the solution provided is less than
optimal.

It's not always easy to know what that resuming number should be; and
more likely, someone someday will add an item to the preceding portion
of the list and not notice or forget the "value=".

Would it be possible to define a page variable (or whatever they're
called) that would provide the "next number" that should go in the
"value="? In other words, one would do something like
"value=$NextListNumber" (I forget the actual variable syntax, but I
hope you get the idea).

I'm sure this isn't something supported by HTML; but, while processing
the wiki source, it seems like the pmwiki parser could be made to keep
track of it (I didn't say it would necessarily be an easy task, just
that it's probably possible).