[pmwiki-users] WikiForm - wikilist searching (Peter & Melodye Bowers)

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Oct 24 17:41:42 CDT 2007

On Thursday, 25 October 2007 9:27 AM, pmwiki-users-request at pmichaud.com wrote:
>   4. FW: WikiForm - wikilist searching (Peter & Melodye Bowers)
>
>Any thoughts on selecting pages using the (:wikilist variable=value:) as
>below?

Unfortunately, this works for me; see for example:
http://www.wikipublisher.org/wiki/index.php?n=Issues.SuspendedIssues

You will see that instead of "Select all items" it says "Select Status=suspended".

I think the first thing to do is remove all possible extraneous variables,
by testing this with a plain install of pmwiki plus the wikiforms recipe.
Second (although it shouldn't make a difference) use all lower case
variable names.

I'd also test it with pmwiki version 2.1.27, which is a known quantity.
It is possible that something in pmwiki has changed and broken the recipe,
although I do not know what this might be.

If that doesn't work...

Then I would edit the wikiform.php code and in the FmtEntryList function
look for the code that sets $caption.= ... If you insert suitable echo
statements you may be able to work out why the value of
$opt[$f[$i]['element']] is not being picked up. For some reason,
it is not receiving and processing the field=value setting.

You might try adding something like:

foreach($opt as $k => $v) echo "$k=$v";

This should return (for example) Type=Booklet. Insert this just
above the for($i=0;$i<count($f);$i++) line.

JR

>Any thoughts on anchoring that substring search if the search is indeed
>possible, as below?

I think I can make it do exact matches; for example, the author could
write type==book and it would match book but not booklet. Let me
see if that can be made to work.

--
John Rankin
Affinity Limited