[pmwiki-users] How can I add an icon and rss feed link into each wiki page?

Graham Archer Graham.Archer at Sun.COM
Wed Oct 24 14:34:39 CDT 2007

Hello,

Firstly I'd like to say that my team have only been using PmWiki for a
few weeks but we already are finding it a great way
to collaborate and share our work - thank you for making this available
to us.

We have various pages within our wiki that contain "project status"
information. This information changes frequently.
The RSS feed feature within PmWiki is great - it allows the users - (who
use Mozilla Thunderbird) - to
receive the updated pages within their Thunderbird client.

The current way we have users subscribe to the wiki is this....
1/ Got to the page you are interested in.
2/ Click on Recent changes
3/ Add ?action=rss to the url
4/ Copy url
5/ Paste url into your Thunderbird RSS Feed folder

This is a cumbersome process to describe to users, and somewhat tricky
for them to remember.
I have written a "how to page" ofcourse but .....users are users!

In an attempt to lessen the burden  I have put an RSS icon on a page
with the associated ?action=rss url attached
to it. This way the user just has to:
1/ Place their mouse over the icon,
2/ Right click, copy the url
3/ Paste into the Thunderbird RSS Feed folder

This has received positive feedback from my team as being better for them.

However this means I now have to each Group within the wiki and edit the
first/main page to place the RSS icon
and the relevant Group recent changes url with ?action=rss. This taking
me a long time to complete, and worse as
new Groups pages are created I have detect them and go back and do this
again - I may never catch up!

Is there a way to add the icon and relevant Group url with the
?action=rss into the wiki page as it is created?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give,

Graham