[pmwiki-users] Hide Searchbox

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Oct 23 17:14:48 CDT 2007

Derek Lerner wrote:
> On Oct 23, 2007, at 5:24 PM, Sannyasin Sivakatirswami wrote:
>> How can we hide the search box for people not authorized to search?
>> and
>> What is the setting that blocks display of search results for pages
>> that you are not authorized to see?
>
> Possibly by making a search page that requires authentication which
> would contain your search box as opposed to it being tagged into the
> sidebar etc.. I'm sure there are other ways to do this though. By
> default when you are not logged in you should not be able to see any
> pages which have been user and password protected.

Well, Iwe want to go live with this in 72 hours and
we can break our heads on authorization management later...

What if, for now, we just removed it from the side bar entirely?

But, we can't find the location in the Site files where this code for the
Search box form is installed? Is it hard coded in the core?

If "Edit" Site.Sidebar

there is no search box code. We looked everywhere..

*something* is generating this output, but we sure can't find it

			  <form  class='wikisearch'
action='http://wiki.hindu.org/seva/index.php/HAP/SevaWikiHome' method='get'>
    <input type='text' name='q' value='Search' class='inputbox
searchbox' size='20'
     onfocus="if(this.value=='Search') this.value=''"
onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search'"  />
    <input type='submit' class='inputbutton searchbutton' value='Go' />
    <input type='hidden' name='#' value='Array' />
    <input type='hidden' name='focus' value='true' />
    <input type='hidden' name='action' value='search' />
   </form>