[pmwiki-users] help, I still can't edit my wiki

Maria McKinley parody at u.washington.edu
Mon Oct 22 21:48:11 CDT 2007

On 10/22/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 01:31:52PM -0700, Maria McKinley wrote:
> >
> > I did discover that I can create a new page, but nothing that I write
> > to that page shows up; it is just a blank page. I created this page
> > for playing with:
> >
> > http://www.shadlen.org/Test
>

> Weird!  You're right, it's creating the page but apparently
> it's either not saving or reading the resulting contents.
>
> Very strange.
>
> Can you send me the Test.Test file from the wiki.d/ directory?
> Also, maybe send me copies of .htaccess, farmconfig.php, and/or
> config.php?
>
> Pm

Patrick solved the mystery for me:

Aha, found it.  There's an extraneous colon in Site.EditForm that
is messing things up.  Your Site.EditForm page says [1]:

   (:input textarea: rows=30:)

The extra colon after "textarea" is causing the textarea to be
rendered improperly.  Change it to  (:input textarea rows=30 :)
and things should start working again.

And it works now! (I had to delete Site.EditForm from wiki.d/, since I
was unable to edit Site.EditForm from the wiki along with everything
else.)

cheers,
maria