[pmwiki-users] Fixed columns?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Oct 22 16:52:47 CDT 2007

Monday, October 22, 2007, 10:10:59 PM, Rene Visco wrote:

> I'm stumped by using fixed columns.  I used two different methods (tables
> and make columns).

> I found tables directive to be complicated.  Make columns by Ben Wilson is
> great and simpler, but I cannot force the words to be wrapped.

Using advanced table markup is not too bad, for instance:

(:table cellpadding=5px:)
(:cell:)
'''First column'''\\
some text which will wrap some text which will wrap some text which will wrap some text which will wrap
(:cell:)
'''Second column'''\\
text which will wrap second column text which will wrap second column text which will wrap
(:cell:)
'''Third column'''\\
Little bit more text and it should wrap long lines I hope. some text which will wrap some text which will wrap
(:tableend:)

you can also apply styling to each individual cell.

A table has the advantage over floating columns that the columns will
not break when the window gets narrow.

  ~Hans