[pmwiki-users] WikiForm - wikilist searching

Peter & Melodye Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Mon Oct 22 15:24:06 CDT 2007

I am thrilled with the capabilities of WikiForm - it never occurred to me
something so powerful could be implemented as simply as you have made it!
Bravo!  (I'm using it to keep a sort of database of published literature in
the Albanian language)

1st question: from the documentation it looks like (:wikilist
EngTitle=Wind:) should give me a list of pages where the variable "EngTitle"
contains the text "Wind".  However, no matter what variable names I put in
and no matter what values I put in I always end up with a complete list of
all pages in my WikiForm rather than some subset.  (See
www.ccl-al.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=X.X for my test-site example - I've
removed the search criteria right now because I couldn't make it work)

2nd question: is there any way to anchor the substring search?  In other
words EngTitle=a as I understand it would match all pages where the
"EngTitle" variable contains the letter "a".  Is there any way to anchor
that ala ^ or $ or something like that?  (For instance, one of my variables
is "type" and indicates whether the piece of literature is a Book or a
Booklet.  If I search for "Type=Book" then by my understanding it will
return BOTH "Book" and "Booklet" results when I obviously want just "Book"
in that case.)

-Peter