[pmwiki-users] Newbie Alert!!! How do I attach/upload anything?

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Sun Oct 21 22:34:44 CDT 2007

On Monday 22 October 2007, Jeff Schallenberg wrote:
> On 10/21/07, Petko Yotov <5ko at free.fr> wrote:
> > No [@...@]  and no "c:\".
>
> The documentation needs improving, then.

In case the documentation needs improving, please feel free to edit the pages
and improve them.

In your case you may be reading it wrong. The documentation is "written" (in
the wiki source of the page) in order to be correctly "displayed" for
readers "reading" the wiki page (not for editors editing its source).

What you showed before is an [@escaped wiki code@] that you probably took from
the page source. It is escaped by [@...@] exactly in order to show the text
inside (which you need to see) and not some picture, or a link to the upload
form.

> You can also click on the "Attach" link on the top right of your page
> (along
>
> > with "edit", "history" and "print").
>
> No such link. Maybe I don't have the right permission?

Yes, on some installations of PmWiki, this link appears once you enter
your "uploads password" in the login form I have the same password for
editing and uploads, which makes things easier and simpler.

Anyhow, the first solution that I gave you should have produced a link to the
upload form. Didn't it?

Petko