[pmwiki-users] action=edit hangs

Peter & Melodye Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sun Oct 21 07:35:03 CDT 2007

Apologies, I sent this (below) directly to pm instead of to the group as I
had intended.  I am still at a complete loss as to how to fix this problem
in any kind of acceptable solution...

I attempted deleting .flock, renaming it, renaming wiki.d, renaming pmwiki
itself, etc. and nothing was successful.  Mtime and atime continue to be
updated regularly.

However, I have found a workaround.  I went into pmwiki.php to the Lock()
function and changed the line reading

  SDV($LockFile,"$WorkDir/.flock");

  SDV($LockFile,"$WorkDir/.MYflock");

Now I am once again able to edit pages on my site.  However, I don't know if
I've set myself up for something else in the future...  Hopefully everybody
is well-behaved and always uses this function to get/use .flock, but if not
I could get myself into worse problems...

I would still greatly appreciate it if anybody could give me any pointers
how delete the undeletable .flock file so I can go back to normal
behavior...

-Peter