[pmwiki-users] problems with cleanurls

Maria McKinley parody at u.washington.edu
Fri Oct 19 15:55:18 CDT 2007

On 10/19/07, Maria McKinley <parody at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> On 10/19/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 12:50:35PM -0700, Maria McKinley wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am having a weird problem. I set up my site to using the cleanurls
> > > recipe (.htaccess in root directory), and everything was just fine.
> > > Then, I decided I wanted to change the size of my edit box. I changed
> > > it, and it saved, but after I did that, I was not able to save any
> > > more changes to that page, or any others, and I got a bunch of errors:
> > >
> > > File does not exist:  /var/www/wiki/pub/guiedit/guiedit.js
> >
> > What were you doing to change the size of the edit box?
> >
> > > I have no idea why it has started to look in /var/www/wiki it should
> > > be looking in /var/www/pmwiki, which is what it is set to in
> > > config.php.
> >
> > Actually, I don't think that PmWiki ever looks for guiedit.js
> > directly via a filesystem name, so I'm not sure what would be
> > causing this.  Perhaps the $FarmPubDirUrl variable is being
> > improperly set somehow?
> >
> > Pm
> >

> Yup, that was it. $FarmPubDirUrl was incorrect in farmconfig.php.
> Thanks. Btw, I was using Site/EditForm?action=edit to change the size.
> No idea why this triggered reading the farmconfig.php, when nothing
> else had, but there you are.
>
> thanks a bunch,
> maria

Oops, spoke to soon. Although the $FarmPubDirUrl was incorrect,
correcting this variable did not solve my problem. :-( I still can't
save. It accepts the save as if it is saving (no error messages), but
the changes are not saved, and then I get an error message in my inbox
(anytime there is a missing link I get an email) saying that
/var/www/wiki/pub/guiedit/guiedit.js does not exist.

cheers,
mari