[pmwiki-users] Spam bots on PmWiki.org

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Oct 16 20:54:21 CDT 2007

Pm,

Farther down on the same digg page there was this suggesting made in
passing that might be helpful. Just a thought...

"Provided you post back to the same page the easiest method is to
check the HTTP Referrer and if it's not the correct page or blank then
don't allow it, or flag it to be checked. I do this on my main site
and it stops 100% of the SPAM, you occasionally get a false positive
where a user is blocking the Referrer but this doesn't happen very
often"

Cheers
Dan