[pmwiki-users] Conditional Content on Authorization,

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Oct 15 17:14:27 CDT 2007

sti at pooq.com wrote:
> Sannyasin Sivakatirswami wrote:
>> WE have this in the side bar of a site:
>>
>> -----
>> *[[{*$Name}?action=edit | $[Edit Page] ]]
>> (:if auth admin:)
>> *(:pagelist group=-Pmwiki,-Site name=-RecentChanges,-GroupAttributes
>> fmt="#jumpbox" order=group,title:)
>> (:ifend:)
>>
>> But it only appears one the page on which I have authorized myself as
>> admin..
>>
>> If I go to another page, the jumpbox disappears, and onlyl the "Edit
>> Page" label
>> shows up.
>
> That sounds right. (:if auth admin:) tests to see if you have admin authority
> for the current page. Its false when you surf to a page where you don't have
> admin.
>
> What are you trying to do?

Yes, sure looks right..

This is a site for coordinating a big tour to Asia next year...

Groups look like this

I-2008-DN  (this is the main administrator's group)

For different travel agents and participants

I-2008-TCI
I-2008-Sunway
I-2008-TBA
I-2008-Participants

Admin wants the pull down navigation menu for all pages to the site on
the side bar
to  only to appear after he has logged into his group. AFter that
it should appear on any page anywhere the he goes to.
Meanwhile, travel agents who are logging in, will not see the
all pages pull down menu. They can only get into their own group.

  Hmmm, I thought that if this is in the Site.SideBar that, once you log in
as admin it should "stick" no matter where you go.
i.e. not only for the current page. I thought the auth condition would
be set to true with the admin as user as globals for the rest of the
session...

But if you move to another group after authenticating,
it goes away. (we are using Cluster too)

TIA
SKTS