[pmwiki-users] New install help (Joseph Sands)

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Oct 11 16:36:17 CDT 2007

On Friday, 12 October 2007 5:13 AM, pmwiki-users-request at pmichaud.com wrote:
>   8. Re: New install help (Joseph Sands)
>> when
>> could
>>> Try placing the following index.php file in the pmwiki directory to
>>> replace the pmwiki/index.php example above:
>>>
>>> <?php include('pmwiki.php'); ?>
>>>
>>> This should tell php to load up pmwiki.php.
>>>
>>> JR
>>> --
>>
>> I tried this and it just opens a blank page. I already asked this in
>> another post but does the PHP mode make a difference? I installed it in
>> ISAPI mode vs CGI mode. Maybe that's where my problem lies.
>>

>I don't think so. From my understanding using ISAPI is similar to using
>mod_php with Apache. As a next step I would suggest looking in your IIS
>logs. There is probably some sort of error, which isn't giving you an
>error message in the browser.
>
>Ian.

Clutching at straws...

Another check would be to do a View Source of the blank page.
If the source is blank, it means pmwiki.php is doing nothing.
If there are some html fragments, but no body text, then pmwiki.php
is getting started but not finishing properly. If there are no html
fragments, try editing pmwiki.php and adding echo 'Hello world';
right at the top. That will tell you whether pmwiki.php is being
successfully included. If it isn't, maybe there is an issue with
the permissions on the pmwiki.php file.

--
JR