[pmwiki-users] PublishPDF - Can you disable URL links on the output PDF?

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Oct 10 16:45:29 CDT 2007

I remembered to change the title this time. My apologies
for the previous unhelpful post. JR

On Thursday, 11 October 2007 1:01 AM, pmwiki-users-request at pmichaud.com wrote:
>   8. Re: pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 28, Issue 14 (Gour)

>> The script cookbook/wikipublisher/wikipublisher.php contains
>> the following default setting for $format=='pdf'
>>
>>     SDV($WPLinkPageExistsFmt, "\$LinkText<tbook:visual
>> markup='sup'>" . " (<tbook:url
>> name='\$LinkUrl'>w</tbook:url>)</tbook:visual>");
>>
>> So, to eliminate the (w) link, add the following to
>> local/config.php *above* the include:
>>
>>     $WPLinkPageExistsFmt = '$LinkText';
>>
>> Other settings are:
>>
>>     SDV($WPLinkPageExistsAnchorFmt,
>>         str_replace('>w<','>w#$LinkAnchor<',$WPLinkPageExistsFmt));
>>     SDV($WPLinkPageCreateFmt,
>>         "\$LinkText<tbook:url name='\$PageUrl?action=edit'>" .
>>         '<tbook:visual
>markup="sup">?</tbook:visual></tbook:url>');
>
>What do you think about adding option to disable/enable URL
>links in PDF document?

That could be done quite easily -- I'll look into it. Note
intra-document links (i.e. Page A refers to Page C in the same
typeset document) would still insert a page number reference.

We can also omit them when used as section/subsection/...
headings, but not in running prose.

Perhaps we could generalise the 'colorlinks' metadata element
to allow links = off | on | color; I'll need to investigate the
options a bit further.

For some reason, I have been reluctant to omit things the wiki
knows, like links.

JR
--
John Rankin