[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 28, Issue 14

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Oct 9 21:06:59 CDT 2007

On Monday, 8 October 2007 5:00 AM, pmwiki-users-request at pmichaud.com wrote:
>  12. PublishPDF - Can you disable URL links on the output	PDF?
>      (Crisp, Steve [UK])
>
>All,
>
>As subject really.  I'm getting some really quite impressive
>results with PublishPDF.  The only problem is that I would like
>to disable the URL links (to Wiki pages) in the output PDF
>document.  Just to be clear at present it displays (W) which
>when you click goes to the wiki page.
>
>Do I have to adjust the templating system on the server?  By
>the way, I'm using my own installation of the server as I am
>behind a firewall so adjusting these templates is possible if that is what is required.
>
>Thanks in advance for any assistance,
>-Steve.

The script cookbook/wikipublisher/wikipublisher.php contains
the following default setting for $format=='pdf'

    SDV($WPLinkPageExistsFmt, "\$LinkText<tbook:visual markup='sup'>" .
        " (<tbook:url name='\$LinkUrl'>w</tbook:url>)</tbook:visual>");

So, to eliminate the (w) link, add the following to
local/config.php *above* the include:

    $WPLinkPageExistsFmt = '$LinkText';

Other settings are:

    SDV($WPLinkPageExistsAnchorFmt,
        str_replace('>w<','>w#$LinkAnchor<',$WPLinkPageExistsFmt));
    SDV($WPLinkPageCreateFmt,
        "\$LinkText<tbook:url name='\$PageUrl?action=edit'>" .
        '<tbook:visual markup="sup">?</tbook:visual></tbook:url>');

The PublishPDF version just released today (which requires
a wikibook server upgrade) now does a much better job of
http://www.example.co.nz//text.of.a.very.long.address.so.long.that.it.will.not.fit.on.one.line.html/ in the output pdf.

JR
--
John Rankin