[pmwiki-users] hide buttons unless logged in

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Tue Oct 9 17:07:45 CDT 2007

Please don't top-post, it makes the thread of the discussion very
difficult to follow.

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 02:53:01PM -0700, Maria McKinley wrote:
> On 10/9/07, Patrick Ogay <lists at basel-inside.ch> wrote:
> > (:if authid:)
> > .. show buttons
> > (:ifend:)
> > some other examples, with conditional markup
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ConditionalMarkupSamples

> I think I must have been unclear. I want to put something in my
> config.php so that site-wide the page-action buttons don't show up,
> but there is a small, single button somewhere on the page that one can
> press to login, and then everywhere you go the page-action buttons
> show up.

Patrick is on the right track.  The simplest method is NOT to put
something in your config.php file, but to edit the Site.PageActions
page.  The PageActions page is where all the page-action buttons are
defined.  In that page, you need to edit it as follows:

(:if authid:)
... (leave the original page action buttons in this section)
(:else:)
[[{$FullName}?action=login|Login]]
(:ifend:)

The bit in the "else" section is the login "button" that you want.

Kathryn Andersen