[pmwiki-users] copy paste problem with quotes

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Oct 9 13:14:07 CDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 01:10:19PM -0500, Frank Graffagnino wrote:
> I've searched through the mailing list and seen some discussion about
> utf-8 and other character encodings.  I'm not quite sure if this is
> causing my issue or not as I just don't understand enough about
> character encodings.
>
> The problem is, when I copy and paste text from my wiki into something
> like a text editor, or an email, or source code, my quote characters
> (single quote, double quote, etc.) are being encoded as something
> different.  How can I get pmwiki to present the characters in a form
> that yields standard quote characters when I copy and paste?

It's not anything that PmWiki itself is doing -- I'm guessing
that you're using the MarkupExtensions recipe.  The MarkupExtensions
recipe converts the standard quote characters into "typographical quotes",
which use the different encodings you're seeing.

I think you can disable this feature of MarkupExtensions by using

    DisableMarkup('squo');