[pmwiki-users] SPAM on wiki

Steve Glover steve at fell-services.net
Tue Oct 9 09:50:51 CDT 2007

Hi Mark,

> Someone has made an edit on our wiki and I cant find it to remove it, i.e.
> if I click edit it doesn't show!

They were sneaky: they edited your Main.GroupFooter - it's worth looking
at your various RecentChanges pages when something like this happens, in
this case:

http://www.ruthtrumpold.id.au/designtech/pmwiki.php?n=Site.AllRecentChanges

> they wrote the following and it occurs on all the pages!
>
> flosculous headrent retransplant campine unimpregnable yours ducklingship
> crosscurrent <a href= http://www.angelfire.com/deojja/1.html >70944</a>
>
>  http://www.angelfire.com/deojja/3.html

I've taken the liberty of deleting it (if you go to

http://www.ruthtrumpold.id.au/designtech/pmwiki.php?n=Main.GroupFooter&action=diff

you could restore it if you wanted to)

> and who is anglefire.com?

I don't know who they are now, but they used to be an ISP who it wasn't
worth complaining about when someone did something like that. I'm told
that they're better behaved these days, though.

Steve

Steve Glover at                          email: steve at fell-services.net
SDSS, EDINA, University of Edinburgh,          tel: +44 (0)131-650 2908
Causewayside House, 160 Causewayside,          fax: +44 (0)131-650 3308
Edinburgh EH9 1PR                          mobile: +44 (0) 7961 446 902