[pmwiki-users] BUG: Ampersand escapes broken.

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Fri Oct 5 12:42:46 CDT 2007

I was just checking out an old page on my PmWiki where I wrote about HTML
character entities, and I discovered that sometime in the last bunch of
upgrades, ampersand escapes have broken.

I have sentences where the wiki-text is:

  Thus, the string '├' is rendered as '├'.

This used to end up as-in in HTML, and would be correctly rendered by my
browser. Now, however, the output HTML is this:

  Thus, the string '├' is rendered as '├'.

Which isn't at all what I want. I was able to duplicate this problem on the
PmWiki site:

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Ampersand

Although, on my site, even the last case, with double-escapes, renders the
same as the first two.