[pmwiki-users] <!--wiki:Main.JumpBox--> and (:include Main.JumpBox:) oddly work

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Fri Oct 5 09:47:13 CDT 2007

I have set a Main.JumpBox page where a jumpbox is correctly displyed
and works.[1]
Such a page is not read-protected.

In any page where (:include Main.JumpBoxClienti:) is present, the
right drop-down menu does not show, though.

Nor it appears to work in case I use the <!--wiki:Main.JumpBox-->
template directive.

That seems odd.

Am I missing anything?
It's most probably so.

Just to be clear, I would have liked to have my jumpbox inside the
header of the page, in order to use it as a compact navigation tool,
but as far as I undersand neither the header nor the sidebar are
suitable places for things like a jumpbox, for some obscure technical
reason.
So I decided (was forced to accept) to place it just above the page
title (left, next to the actions, on a plain pmwiki skin), but that
<!--wiki:Main.JumpBox--> fails...

Is there a particular issue about it, I should consider?

Luigi

[1] http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/JumpBox