[pmwiki-users] Notify not working

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Oct 4 15:45:13 CDT 2007

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 09:34:59PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Thursday, October 4, 2007, 9:19:31 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> > Is the .notifylist file being created/updated?
>
> Yes it is updated. I set it with a different name, n.notifylist,
> perhaps I could not see the .notifylist file,
> and it seems to update fine now.
>
> > Are there any entries in SiteAdmin.NotifyList, or in the
> > $NotifyList array in the config?
>
> Yes.
>
> I also got some config settings:
>
> $EnableNotify = 1;
> ini_set('SMTP','mail.daily.co.uk');
> $NotifyListPageFmt = 'Site.NotifyList';
> $NotifySquelch = 0;
> $NotifyFile = "$WorkDir/n.notifylist";
>
> Content of n.notifylist:
>
> 1191616019 0
> a:1:{s:22:"[correct email address]";a:1:{s:8:"lastmail";i:1191529619;}}

My guess is that mail.daily.co.uk isn't accepting mail
from the server.  Try setting $NotifySquelch to a higher
value, then modify a page.  You should see the page update
information in the n.notifylist file.

If not, then that means that the entries aren't triggering
notifications for some reason.  If the entry appears in the
file, it likely means that the email messages aren't getting out
for some reason.

There's also the possibility that the email messages are being
filtered somehow (e.g., a spam filter on the incoming mailbox).